Popular Posts

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wait...

O, the long-awaited December morn, come kiss my eyelids…
Waken me up with your silken touch…
The night has been long, the constellations winked at me,
Crumbling my little delusions into morsels…
But your sweet sunshine shall drive away all fears…

Oh, the lukewarm dew-drops that mutters away strange somethings,
I feel tipsy, what wine is it that fills me to the brim?
I rub my palms, and an unseen warmth seeps into my icy soul,
Christmas in not far…I await the lights, the bells, the holly leaves,
The carnival of celebrations colour my innocent fancies,

Morphine-like, you intoxicate my senses,
I taste untold delight, with not a care in the world,
I haven’t outgrown the red stockings, and the wait isn’t over…
The wakeful December nights and my sleepless eyes still weave dreams,

Of sweet wishes and fantasies heaped up by my bedside,
Eclipsing the bygone days, and ushering in a new tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment