Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am a dream...

As midnight strikes, I set off jubilantly to undertake my pleasure trip,

When everything is silent, and the weary world gives in to the beckoning of sleep-
I tiptoe into the trails of blithe slumber, and gently caress the sleeper’s eyes,
Veiling myself in the shroud of stillness, I don an enticing guise;
The corporeal being on the threshold of temporary death, and the restless, elusive soul awakens to wander,
I am the companion of its adventure, and transport it to a virgin globe- to plunder.
I am the mirror to thoughts, wishes, fantasies and fears, all things man longs for,
On my wings, they take a flight for fancy, I rekindle unvoiced emotions-galore.
Day or night, young or old, I am a visitor to the street urchin as well as the lavish millionaire,
No dark secrets are unknown to me, ‘coz I explore and exploit their inmost souls bare.

I am a dream- through me, the mortals, amidst the monotonous din, seek respite,
I allow them an ephemeral escape from the worldly imperfections, and grin at their wistful delight.
Myriad forms I assume, transient and obscure, yet am cherished…
I transcend the barriers of past, present and future; the narrow confines of reality I perish.
They smile, they cry, they swear, they sigh- when I allow them my fleeting glimpse,
At times, I motivate them to action, at others, I simply incite their chimerical whims.
I am an unveiled mystery, an ensnaring maze, seducing mortals, but never to be fulfilled,
But they cling on to me with a streak of optimism, and elaborate castles in air they build.
Sometimes dismal, sometimes dazzling, I offer both hope and despair,
Dazed at me, they still gaze at me, throwing aside their earthly cares…

No comments:

Post a Comment