Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The journey that never ends...

I’ve been walking on, on the paths I’ve traversed since long…
                                    Yet today, I know not where I’m heading towards…
Life has set me into motion, and hence…
                                    I’m tirelessly walking on…
Days wither away in the lap of dusk, and dusk ushers in the endless nights…
                                    The cosmic forces too come to a standstill, but I do not pause…
This perpetual journey has now become synonymous
                                    With my identity, or…or with the loss of it??
I seek respite, a thick black cloud of haze blurs my vision,
                                    I plead- kill me, let my soul be free…
With remnants of broken dreams,
                                    I feel encumbered, I feel weighed down by the burden…
My heart lets out a muffled cry,
                                    But I suppress it with a heavy sigh,
I’m tossed and turned in the tempests of life,
                                    I wonder, I ask, but why??
Countless tears I’ve swallowed in my path,
                                    And smiles have evaded my lips…
The shadows overpower, and sometimes go away,
                                    I still stand in the penumbra…

Hark! The night whispers, I readily drink its potion,
                                    It shall put me off to eternal slumber, and then I shall rest in peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment