Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Night that Enthralls...

                    Night descends on my dim terrace, and stealthily crawls into my room,
                                    The glistening stars on the firmament weave dreams,
               I whisper wayward fancies to myself, and
                                    And strange, nameless shadows hear them all, it seems…
               The crescent moon peers through window-pane,
                                    And winks at me, I stare at it in awe,
           My weary body seeks repose, heavy-eyed, I usher slumber to overpower me…

      Yes, I wait for tomorrow to come…but will these long hours ever come to an end??
       I sleep and sleep, yet the night seems to perpetuate itself…
            The velvety darkness about me stir my unquiet dreams, unfetter my thoughts,
                                    The placid darkness…drapes me in its silk-like attire,
            The winds sing a somnolent melody,
                                    And the zinnia blossoms are lulled to sleep…
            The night narrates curious fables, hoary tales of love, betrayal and passion…

       I listen to them half-heartedly, my attention swaying to and fro
       Quiet contemplations soon give way, I don’t know whence they come and go…
       I summon my own angels, aren’t they said to wander freely at the wee hours??
       I keep fighting my own devils, trying to wrench myself free from their evil powers…
            Waiting and waiting…
           
            When would the vermillion rays dispel the darkness,
                                                And herald a new horizon??

No comments:

Post a Comment