Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

On The Crossroads...

The flame of the dying candle flickers,
                            The trembling wick is yielding to the strong gale…
The silence pierces the stillness of the landscape,
                            I can only hear my heart moan and wail…
After years I see you, standing before me,
                           The floodgates of pent-up emotions have now burst open…
Do those promises still hold?? Or shall I be deceived yet again??

I have cremated my dreams, and burnt my heart into ashes…
The corpse yet remains, its stench will choke you.

You stand before me, a few steps away,
                              Yet an unseen barrier rips us apart…
You look into my eyes, appalled by the stony coldness…
                               My lips don’t twitch, my limbs don’t tremble…
I am benumbed by your closeness,
                                In your arms, I feel ever so distant from you…
As the dawn awakes…this maddening crowd, this cacophony deafens my soul…

Do you call me?? Your voice is drowned out…

You ask me to fall in love, all over again…
                                 But don’t you see my deadness??
You hold my frail body, feel my pale skin,
                                 But it renders me hollow from within      …

Love makes me shudder, I dread at the very thought,
                                To have to go through it all, again, numbs me…

No comments:

Post a Comment