Popular Posts

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Last but one...

November, thou art magical…
The chill in the air carries your scent…
Gone are the sweet mornings beaming with light,
You wear a somber look, clad in grey raiment…
I inhale you deeply…it fills up my lungs,
My eyes, my lips, my life…
I am brimming over with your potion,
Just a few drops have wound up a charm…

November, thy misty countenance eludes me,
Thy wintry breezes make me shiver…
The long nights mock my insomniac eyes,
Fuming vapors from my coffee mug, and my lips quiver,
The songs of summer, of sunshine days,
I’ve burnt down in the fireplace…
In the folds and creases of my quilt,
I nurture my vernal fancies…

How blanched now looks nature’s rosy face,
With the blanket of thy haze marring her grace…
My saccharine dreams have gone away-
With the nostalgia of the autumn evenings…
The clouds come floating along my balcony,
Perched on thy gossamer wings…
Tiptoeing, you peer through my blinds,

I tread on your dew-trodden paths,

And…
Some frozen memories are warmed back to life…


No comments:

Post a Comment