Popular Posts

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lying here in Hope

One more day peeps in through my skylight,
I greet it with a disarming smile,
Before it fizzles out, I shall grab a handful,
Am sure, it’ll last me a good while...
I spread my palm, and have a glance,
At the unrequited tears, and feigned laughter,
I seek retreat, or do I?
For these bittersweet moments I once ran after...
The snow-laden paths shall thaw someday,
But this cold has gripped me hard,
A stupor has spread all over me,
It must have caught me off-guard...
 My cloistered world wants sunshine,
But how shall I ever conquer the wintry pall,
I’ve grown weary of this yearning,
But I shall not droop, or fall...
The road will turn somewhere ahead,
It sets ablaze my hopes to conquer,
 And then, I shall find repose,
This thirst will not last longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment