Popular Posts

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A love poem...

White shadows, glistening in the darkness...
In their silhouette, I see those days fleeting by...
When I sought my heaven in your smiling eyes...
Absorbing life from their lustrous
When our laughters mingled into the common joy of love...
That old tune, which we once danced to...
It all comes back to me, as if ‘twas just yesterday...
You scribbled something on my palm, and I coyly smiled...
Strands of my hair on your shoulder...
Just when you planted a kiss on the nape of my neck...
That kindled the warmth of passion in every vein of my body...
My blood glowed...my heart raced...you held my pink face in your hands...
I trembled a little, I knew not what it was...
Just gave myself to you, all that I had...wanting to belong to you forever...
My little heart leapt up in sprightly motion, to have a taste of the sapphire skies...
These feet of mine are now tied to the ground...

But it was then...
Your arms round my waist, I wished to be burnt down in the scarlet fire
That oozed out of your amorous sighs, and fell on my face...
You held my hands in yours, and pledged undying love for me...
The clandestine union was witness to the sweet vows we exchanged...
I glided along the insane promptings of the heart,
Savouring the reminisces of the violet evening that wove pure magic...
And today...
I cling to the broken images, ruins of the forgotten love story,
Looking for reflections of those sun-kissed days and moonlit nights of togetherness...
Amidst the ravages of dilapidated walls that smack of the old love...




No comments:

Post a Comment